- 2 tbsp mixed sprouts (moong, chana, chawli, etc.)
- 2 tbsp rice, soaked and drained
- 1/2 tsp Cardia Life Oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin (Jeera) seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
Technique to tantalising taste
- Heat Cardia Life in a pressure cooker with cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add asafoetida ,garlic paste and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add rice, mixed sprouts and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add 3/4 cup of water and salt,
- Mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Coarsely mash the khichdi using the back of a spoon and serve it hot with fresh yoghurt.