Indian Match Making
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1-inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2 green chilli, finely chopped
- few curry leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric / Haldi
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- ¼ tsp ajwain/caraway seeds
- 1 cup besan/gram flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Cardia Life Oil for deep frying
- In a large mixing bowl take 2 thinly sliced onions.
- Add 1-inch ginger, 2 green chilli, few curry leaves, 2 tbsp coriander leaves, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp ajwain and a pinch of hing.
- Add 1 cup besan, 2 tbsp rice flour and ½ tsp salt.
- Combine well making sure to squeeze onions well.
- Without adding any water, squeeze out the onions till the moisture is released.
- Combine till the dough is formed. if onions do not release water, then sprinkle few drops of water.
- Take a ball sized pakoda dough and drop in hot oil. Do not overcrowd the oil as it won’t get crispy.
- Fry on medium flame till the pakoda turns crispy and golden brown.
- Finally, drain over kitchen paper and serve onion pakoda with tomato sauce and chai.