2 cups water
Cardia Life Oil
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 onion, finely chopped
1⁄2 cup finely chopped zucchini
1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1⁄4 tablespoon chili powder
1 pinch amchoor powder (mango powder)
1 tablespoon garam masala
1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
fresh ground black pepper
breadcrumbs, for dusting
- – In a medium saucepan, bring to a boil 2 cups water. Add the 1 cup amaranth, stirring well. Cover pan and lower the heat, allowing to simmer for 20 minutes.
- – When amaranth is cooked, remove from burner, season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
- – For the masala: In a small fry pan, add 1 tablespoon Cardia Life, sauté garlic and onion until soft.
- – Add the chopped red bell pepper and zucchini, stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- – Add the lemon zest, garam masala powder, coriander powder, chili powder and stir fry. Add the amchoor and black pepper. Remove from heat and set aside to cool a few minutes.
- – With a spatula fold mixture into the prepared amaranth. Allow to cool until easily handled.
- – Once cooled, form into small patties.
- – Coat each patty, front and back, with amaranth flour (dry amaranth can be ground fine in a spice grinder to make amaranth flour) or breadcrumbs.
- – Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a frying pan. Fry patties until golden, adding oil if needed.
ner and preserve in the refrigerator after serving.